Sunday, January 16, 2011

New York Trip - Part 1


These are my trusty combat boots. I wore them on my trip to New York last week and they sure came in handy. If I lived there, I would stay in them permanently in winter, no matter what else I was wearing. Snow, Ice, Water, Slush - no problem. We made tracks.


This is me on the first day of the ENK show. I wanted to model our jewelry and brought black dresses but decided that black would just be boring and any old jewelry can show up against a black background but with a wild print like this, if your pieces stand out then you have something there. The gamble paid off. The first day was a huge success. I felt like a popular girl at fashion camp. We had a crowd all day and I didn't have time to sit down at .

This dress is made in England from the 1970's. I am wearing it with a cashmere headpiece I made myself. Unfortunately I lost it on my last day, bummer. I am hoping to recreate it. It's really different and really cool. The belt is this great obi leather wrap belt I bought from the Gap about 12 years ago. It is my favorite belt out of my huge belt collection.

You can't see the jewelry well in this picture. I will post some pictures of it soon. It is really beautiful and I am so proud of being a part of creating it.




This is me on the second day. I think the sour look is because i was up at 7 am New York time.
4 am at home. It was rough but I trooped through. This is one of my favorite dresses I own. It's a 1960's mini dress with sheer silk sleeves. An incredibly mod piece. I am wearing the locket that was shown in this month's issue of Vogue. It is pretty exciting. I helped with the color choices for that collection and Swarovski and Vogue picked the piece along with a matching cuff, for an advertorial right in the middle of the magazine, page 47. We got really lucky. Free advertising is always nice.


I was so tired by day three , okay actually hungover from partying the night before, i didn't bother photographing my outfit that day. I wore a woven black raffia dress from the 1950's with a bow front. A really classic style.

In cool fashion moments, Iris Apfel was there and walked by. She was wearing an indian blanket sweater and looked fantastic.

I will post more pictures from my trip including my accidental shopping that occurred on my last day there. My mantra needs to be - No more clothes, but when in New York.....

No comments:

Post a Comment