Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Altered Barbie SF 2010


As I was walking randomly around after work taking pictures, I ran into the Altered Barbie show. I had read about it and tucked it away in my mental files so I was happy to take advantage of teh random encounter. This is where artists makeover dolls in the image that they feel is better suited to society as it is. Also to make them cooler. The very nice ladies hosting the event let me take some pictures:




The installation was hosted in a converted garage at The apex of SOMA and the Mission are is SF.










Love this. I love the Day of the Dead.





Caged Barbie. Pink Heat.



Medusa. I have always found her pretty awesome.


matching breasts ?

I think Barbie is getting eaten by the spider but they could be making it for all I know.

this one speaks for herself

Gay Marriage Dolls. Looks like a Folsom Street Fair wedding. I've never been, It's this weekend but I am too embarassed to go. I know I would just be a big old prude about it and I don't want to deal with that.




Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence represented here.

Crucified Marilyn.
After I looked around they starte dto show me a video but it was an hour long and after ten minutes i had to pop off to other things, like veggie burritos.









No comments:

Post a Comment